- 268 hp horsepower
- 3.5 liter V6 DOHC engine
- 4 Doors
- 4-wheel ABS brakes
- 8-way power adjustable drivers seat
- Air conditioning with dual zone climate control
- Audio controls on steering wheel
- Auto-dimming mirrors - Electrochromatic
- Automatic Transmission
- Clock - Analog
- Daytime running lights
- Dusk sensing headlights
- External temperature display
- Front fog/driving lights
- Front seat type - Bucket
- Front-wheel drive
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 31 and EPA city (mpg): 21
- Head airbags - Curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Keyless Ignition - Doors and push button start
- Multi-function remote - Trunk/hatch/door/tailgate windows sunroof/convertible roof
- Overhead console - Mini
- Passenger Airbag
- Power heated mirrors
- Power windows with 4 one-touch
- Remote power door locks
- Remote sunroof/convertible roof operation - Remote sunroof operation
- Remote window operation
- Reverse tilt mirrors - Dual mirrors
- Signal mirrors - Turn signal in mirrors
- Speed-proportional power steering
- Sunroof - Express open/close glass
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Traction control - ABS and driveline
- Trip computer
- Universal remote transmitter
The ES is based on a platform similar to the Toyota Avalon, and that car's longer wheelbase affords a roomier interior, particularly for rear passengers. The ES features independent suspension all around for a smooth, effortless ride.
The ES 350 comes powered by a flexible 3.5L V6 that makes 268 horsepower and delivers an estimated 21 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. This is mated to a 6-speed sequential-shift automatic. The all-new ES 300h Hybrid utilizes a 2.5L 4-cylinder Atkinson-cycle engine that is paired with an electric motor. The duo produces 200 horsepower and returns an estimated 40 mpg city and 39 mpg highway. The 300h features an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission to deliver seamless, efficient shifts.
The ES is rich in standard equipment, with power locks and mirrors as well as one-touch up/down windows, 10-way power adjustable front seats, one-touch open-close power moonroof, dual-zone climate control, leather seating and much more. Technology features include steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise control, driver-selectable engine mapping, 8-speaker sound system and Bluetooth hands-free technology.
Options and packages take the ES to another level. Among the amenities available include hard-drive-based navigation with voice command, heated and ventilated seats, a panorama glass roof, a power rear sunshade and a Mark Levinson premium sound system. Other goodies include a lane-departure warning system, radar-based cruise control, parking assist and blind-spot monitoring.
Lexus' mid-level luxury ES sedan got a complete redesign for 2013, so the changes for 2014 are minor. LED fog lights are now standard.